Open House in Lincoln-era Log Cabin Village:
As part of Dogwood weekend, the Friends of the Log Cabins, will have an “Open House” in the Lincoln-era Log Cabin Village from 1 to 4 PM on Sunday, May 7th. They will open the 4 Log Cabins and other structures in the village and will have self-guided tour handouts available. The village is located on Quinsippi Island Park, accessed via All America Park, just off Bonansinga Drive in Quincy, IL. Visitors to the village will be able to look inside these historic structures (they can see the exterior “any day” from dawn to dusk). Located in the village, are 4 Log Cabin Homes all built in the 1800s: the 1835 D.D Hull Log Cabin set up like a home; the 1850’s Clat Adams Log Cabin is set up like a Pioneer Store; the 1850’s Herleman Log Cabin contains original ice cutters used on Quinsippi Bay; and the 1828 Fraser Log Cabin (which use to be used as a Stage Coach Stop on the way to Ursa, IL), will be set up as the village school – in the near future. There is also an 1850’s Log Corn Crib (with corn wagon), 1800s era Log Church called the “Lord’s Cabin” (built out of 1800’s Barn Logs) and an 1800’s Stone Smoke House used to preserve meats and produce. In addition, the Friends have added an 1800’s era Herb Garden surrounded by a “waddle” fence.
May 7 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Front & Cedar St.
Quincy, IL 62301 US