Date(s) - 12/01/2019
3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Categories No Categories
Let’s kick off the NEW Pittsfield Deer Santa Festival with a parade, some lights and a lot of fun! Here is what we have planned for the Dec. 1 Santa’s Parade and Christmas Tree Lighting on the Square:
• Santa’s Parade from 3-3:30 p.m. (Pittsfield High School homecoming route)
• Photos with Santa starting at 3:30 p.m. at Free Press Coffee House
• Ornament Decorating from 3:30-5 p.m. at Madison Square (old Red Dome) – Kids and kids at heart can decorate a shatter-proof ornament to hang on the community tree on the courthouse lawn. Sponsored by Picture Pittsfield and the Pike County Art Guild.
• One of Santa’s reindeer will be visiting the square from the North Pole from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
• Horse-drawn carriage rides, starting from the northeast corner of the square; $5 per person.
• Deer Santa Display Challenge decorated deer will be on display on the southeast side of the courthouse.
• Calvary Baptist Church Choir will sing on the west side of the courthouse from 4:15-5 p.m.
• Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at 5:15 p.m.; this will be done on the evergreen tree on the west side of the courthouse lawn.
• The Pittsfield High School Swing Choir will perform at the moment the tree is lit.
• Christmas carols will continue on at Free Press.
Santa’s Mailbox will be open at U.S. Cellular, and if a return address is included, kids will get a letter back from Santa!
The Deer Santa Festival continues through the month of December. For a complete list of activities visit DeerSantaFestival.com.
We can use the community’s help:
• If you are interested in having a float in Santa’s Parade, contact Brandy Myers Gratton at (217) 617-2656 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you are part of a choir that would like to sing a few Christmas carols, please contact Picture Pittsfield President Jessica Guthrie to get on the schedule and submit your song list (as lovely as it might be, we don’t need six “Silent Nights” in a row.) Contact info below.
• If you are a business owner on or near the Pittsfield square, we’d love for you to be open that afternoon/evening with Christmas decorations outside, Christmas carols playing, etc. There will be a lot of hungry families at 6 p.m., so restaurants may want to have some yummy dinner and dessert options. We’ll be happy to add you as a co-host to this Facebook event and promote any specials you’ve got going on.
• If you are a vendor who would like booth space for this event, contact Casey Beck at email@example.com. Applications can also be downloaded from DeerSantaFestival.com.
If you have any questions about this event, or would like to volunteer to help make it a success, contact Picture Pittsfield President Jessica Guthrie through Facebook Messenger on this page, or send an email to PicturePittsfield@gmail.com.