5th & Vermont | Quincy, IL
Mormon 10 Sites to See Driving Tour: Formerly the Jefferson Cemetery, the south half of the block served as the first Quincy Cemetery. These grounds were used for Mormon burials from 1826-1835. No records can be found from this cemetery. In 1835 land was purchased on the southeast corner of Maine & 24th Streets (now Madison Park) and many bodies were moved to the new area. Many graves could not be identified, so were not touched.