1020 S 5th | Quincy, IL
Among the midwest’s most beautiful cemeteries; ancient hardwoods and panoramic Mississippi views planned by Quincy’s founder, John Wood, circa 1846. A stately mausoleum graces the site where a civil war hospital once stood.
American Actor Roy Brocksmith, known for such titles as Total Recall and Star Trek: The Next Generation, is buried in Woodland Cemetery in Block 8, adjacent to the Honoring Soldiers Monument.
Looking for Lincoln
WOODLAND CEMETERY AT TRIANGLE INSIDE ENTRANCE
HIS FRIENDS REST HERE (SIDE 1)
• The historical significance of Quincy’s oldest active cemetery
• Many of Lincoln’s personal and political friends buried here
• Camp Wood, Quincy’s first army camp located nearby
A VICTORIAN CEMETERY (SIDE 2)
• An example of the rural cemetery movement of the 1800s
• The burial locations of Lincoln’s friends
• Cornelius Volk’s memorial monument to Civil War soldiers