Lorenzo Bull House

Adams County

1550 Maine | Quincy, IL

This home was built for a prominent financier in the Italian Villa style with design roots originating in 13-14th century Italian farm houses. Today it is home to the Women’s City Club (217-222-2578) with the original carriage house part of the Quincy Art Center at 1515 Jersey. The location hosts a plaque commemorating pioneer women of Quincy.

  • Built for a prominent financier in the Italian Villa style in 1852
  • Today home to the Women’s City Club with the original carriage house part of the Quincy Art Center at 1515 Jersey (rear of property)

1852 / ITALIANATE / architect unknown

Hours

Art Center Hours: Tues, Weds, Thurs, Sat 9am – 4pm

Admission

Donations Appreciated
Abundant Architecture

See the city with over 3,600 structures contributing to the National Register of Historic Places {self-guided driving + walking tour}

Maine Street Mile

NEW 60-minute tour of Quincy’s most notable thoroughfare {self-guided driving/walking tour}

Gateway City Guide

NEW 20-point driving tour reflecting on Quincy’s first three decades including Underground Railroad history.

Inside Guide for Planners

The Event Planner’s best tool for a successful event in Quincy… event spaces, complimentary group services, tourism grants…it’s all right here.